Follow the steps below to apply to Fires Vacancy Announcements
Step 1 Go to: www.usajobs.gov
Step 2 Select Sign in or Create an Account, (top right hand corner)
To Create an Account you are asked to fill out a short form with basic personal information
select "Submit" at the bottom when you are finished. Once you submit your form, you are automatically logged into your USAJOBS account.
Step 3 RESUME: You must build a resume with the USAJOBS Resume Builder BEFORE applying.
Select “Build New Resume” then follow the steps to build your resume. On the last tab,
‘Finishing Up ’, select the “Save for Later”, this saves your resume. You can store up to 5 resumes in USAJOBS. You have now completed the registration and resume information process, but still need to APPLY. We DO NOT accept uploaded resumes. All resumes must be built with USAJOBS Resume Builder for
FIRES Vacancy announcements.
Click here for more information on USAJOBS Resume Builder.
Step 4 FIND VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Select "Search Jobs", then select either;
"Basic Search" or "Advanced Search" and fill in the blocks with the informaton you are
searching for, once complete select "Search" and then you will see the list of open vacancy announcements.
Step 5 REVIEW VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Review the announcement thoroughly. The
announcement describes who is eligible to apply, what experience and/or education are
required and what supporting documentation you need to fax/upload with your application.
Your resume and documentation must support your responses to the vacancy questions.
Step 6 APPLY: Click “Apply Online”, link at the right side of the page. Select your USAJOBS resume
to submit with your application and answer the vacancy questions.
Step 7 SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION: Submit required supporting documentation that applies
to you. Follow the Faxing/Uploading Steps. Then click "Finished" and be redirected back
to "My Account" on USAJOBS, where you can track your application.
You must complete the entire application process and be redirected back to
USAJOBS to successfully apply to a vacancy announcement.
Step 8 APPLICATION STATUS: Select "Application Status " once you are logged in to "My
Account", find the vacancy you applied to, under the Status Column, it will indicate your status.
If you select "More Information" it will direct you to another screen, where comments
are posted concerning the status of job you applied to. You will be notified through e-mail if you are referred.
At the bottom of the page select Help/FAQs
Updating Your Application:
- You have until the closing date of a job vacancy to edit your answers to the vacancy questions. You MUST complete all steps below in order for your updated information to be received.
- Find the vacancy announcement once you have logged on to “My Account”
- Select “Application Status ”
- Click on the “Announcement Title”; this will bring up the vacancy announcement.
- Click on “Apply Online” as if you are going to apply again.
- The system will display your responses and you may edit these responses, up until the closing date.
- Once you updated your answers to the vacancy questions and click through all screens, select the“Finished” button and you will be redirected back to My Account; then your updates have been submitted.
You may edit your personal information and resume at anytime during the open period of the announcement. After you edit your personal information or resume in "My Account" you must REAPPLY to the open vacancy announcement and complete the application process to overwrite the previously submitted information.