- Update your resume and profile information BEFORE you apply to a vacancy announcement.
- It is highly recommended that you review your account profile and your resume information for currency BEFORE applying to vacancies.
- You can verify you have applied to a vacancy and check the status of your application by logging onto “My Account” and select “Application Status” then select "View All Applications" and under Application Status it will indicate your status.
- If you faxed/uploaded required documents such as a DD-214, Veteran Administration Letters, or College Transcripts previously AND it was successfully received, you may not need to fax/upload again. To verify if previously faxed/uploaded documents are already associated with your application, follow the Faxing/Uploading Instructions
- If you have already registered with USAJOBS you don’t need to register again.
- If you forget your USAJOBS User ID and Password, go to: https://my.usajobs.gov/forgot.asp
- When you apply for a specific job, a snapshot of your resume will be captured and tied to the job vacancy on the closing date, or the early consideration date(s) specified in the vacancy announcement.
- Your answers to the vacancy specific questions will be verified against the information provided in your online resume.
- For more information about FIRES, please go to FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)