Start with Step 1 if you already applied, but need to attach documentation to your application.
Start with Step 4 if you are currently applying and need to attach documentation.
- Log into "My Account" on USAJOBS
- Click the "+" icon to see all of the application details
- Select "Update Application"
- You have the option to either "Upload", "USAJOBS" or "Fax" documents into your application
- Upload to upload documents from your computer. (This can either be done at the beginning or end of the application process).
- Select "Upload", type in the description of the document, select "Browse" to find your document, then select "Upload Document".
- USAJOBS to download documents from USAJOBS in your Saved Documents section to your profile. (This is done at the end of the application process).
- Select the "u" icon (upload from USAJOBS) under action; select the Document, from the drop-down menu, then select "Download from USAJOBS"
- Fax to generate a fax coversheet and fax the in documents. (This is done at the end of the application process).
- Select "Fax", then review the Faxing Instructions, then select "Generate Fax Coversheet", it will open in a new window on your screen, you will need to print and send in with your document. NOTE: Fax number is on Coversheet. You should receive an email confirming successful receipt of the fax, if you do not; contact the FIRES Help Desk (888-364-6432 or firstname.lastname@example.org). You may be required to re-fax your documents.
*When you use the instructions above you may or may NOT see your documents in "Saved Documents" in your USAJOBS account.
*Only send in your documents one way (either Upload, USAJOBS or Fax). The last method you used to send in documents will over write the previous one. Example, sending in transcripts by fax and then uploading, we will only see the Uploaded document.
*You do not need to submit the document if it does not apply to you.
*If using the Upload or USAJOBS option, be sure to click on your document to view. You will see the document as the FIRES Program Office will be able to view it. NOTE: You are not able
to view documents which are faxed in.
*Send in your document as one document with multiple pages not as separate pages, as they
will override the last; we only see the last document submitted. Example: 5 pages of
College Transcripts need to be sent in as one document with multiple pages, not as
separate pages or we will only see the last page you sent in.
*Verify that all the documents are uploaded onto the agency website. Note: You will need to
click on the 'U' icon to fully attach your documents to your application. If you do not push the
'U' icon, we will not be able to see your documents in the system.