- Update your resume and profile information BEFORE you apply to a vacancy announcement.
- It is highly recommended that you review your account profile and your resume information for currency BEFORE applying to vacancies.
- You can verify you have applied to a vacancy and check the status of your application. Select "Application Status" once you are logged in to "My Account", find the vacancy you applied to, under the Status Column, it will indicate your status. If you select "More Information" it will direct you to another screen, where comments are posted concerning the status of job you applied to. You will be notified through e-mail if you are referred.
- If you faxed/uploaded required documents such as a DD-214, Veteran Administration Letters, or College Transcripts previously AND it was successfully received, you may not need to fax/upload again. To verify if previously faxed/uploaded documents are already associated with your application, follow the Faxing/Uploading Steps
- If you have already registered with USAJOBS you don’t need to register again.
- If you forget your USAJOBS User ID and Password, go to: https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/ForgotPassword/
- Verify that all of your documents are uploaded onto the agency wesite. NOTE: You will need to click on the 'U' icon to fully attach your documents to your application. If you do not push the 'U' icon, we will not be able to see your documents in the system.
- Your answers to the vacancy specific questions will be verified against the information provided in your online resume.
- For more information about FIRES, please go to FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)